Hey guys =D
Yeah that’s right, another trip is upon us, they happen so frequently now I’m not even sure they’re worth a blog post of their own! But still I’m pretty excited, and as the countdown looms ever closer, I thought I’d share my plans.
It’s going to be a bit of a whistle stop tour as it’s only a weekend trip, its tricky sometimes to balance making the most of your annual pass and also balancing annual leave from work and other commitments, but a weekend trip seemed like a good compromise.
So on August 12th I’ll be getting up at some ridiculous hour to get the Eurostar to Disneyland Paris for 2 magical days! And what could possibly be better than that? Oh yeah, I’m sharing my trip with 8 of my Disney friends! That’s right 9 of us are travelling over for the weekend and staying overnight together, and I couldn’t need it any more right now.
We’re staying at the explorers hotel which is an offsite hotel a short distance away from the parks, as we all have annual passes we don’t need to worry about park tickets so this worked out really well for us to be able to go on a budget. We booked indirect Eurostar tickets both ways to cut down on costs too, and if you book them early you can get a really really good deal. I’ve done indirect with a change at Lille Europe on the way there before, but never on the way back, so I’m a bit nervous about that but hopefully it should all be ok!
As it’s such a short trip we haven’t made any real concrete plans, booking dining reservations etc isn’t a priority, and realistically to save both time and money, I’ll probably end up going for quick service meals and snacks. I just don’t want to be too tied down to anyone place, it’s summer and a weekend, the parks are going to be busy, and sometimes that’s when it’s best to just go with the flow.
- A trip to Pueblo trading post – Located in frontier land opposite Woody’s meet and greet its a pin collector or Vinylmation fan’s dream! It only opens at weekends and some odd extra days during peak times, so I don’t get to visit half as much as I’d like to, but I’ll make it my mission this trip.
- Forest of Enchantment – A show in the Chaparral Theatre in Frontier land, it’s only running for the summer months this year July 1st to September 3rd, as this is my only trip within this period it would be nice to see it again, though I really wasn’t it’s biggest fan last year, it has had some changes and the 2nd run is getting a great response on the whole from fans, so I suspect I’ll be taking a trip to see what’s happening.
- Lightning McQueen photo op – Lightning McQueen the world’s favourite race car is now ready and waiting to meet guests outside the entrance to Moteurs Action stunt show in the Studios park, and as it’s my favourite film, and I’ve been begging for an opportunity to meet him, I can’t possibly skip this one, having said that, as I’m in DLP again a few weeks later for Run Disney, depending on time we may have to bump him to the list of the next trip, fingers crossed I can get him though!
- Get a photo by Boo’s door – You’ll see why soon, but this is one of the cutest Pixar photo ops in the parks, and more than that sometimes if you time it right Sulley is out for cuddles too!
- Ride BTM – Big thunder Mountain, the ride that breaks down or is “interrupted” more than any other ride I’ve ever known! Add in to the mix it’s popularity and going at peak time and getting on it might prove to be a little difficult, but it’s always worth the wait so looks like we’ll be running at rope drop to get on this one.
- Ride Pirates – The final one on the list (though really there’s so much more I’d like to get done) is ride Pirates of the Caribbean, it closed in January for a major refurbishment and I’m so excited to see what they’ve done with it, I’m not a huge fan of the pirates films but i love the rides and I can agree it badly needed more than a bucket full of TLC. I know there has been some controversy over some of the scenes changing, but I’m going to try and approach it with an optimistic and open mind, and of course I expect I’ll be reporting back here after.
So that’s the main things I’m looking forward to, I have attempted to plan some outfits, and I have thought of some other photo ops I’d like to take advantage of if time and weather etc allows. But more exciting than all of that, I’m not going alone! As I mentioned before there’s quite a group of us going on this trip, because everything is better with friends, and that includes some wonderful YouTubers, so if I could just finish by suggesting you go and follow these guys, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed and I’m sure they will all really appreciate it!
Sophie K and Sophie G from Sophie Squared
Deandre from PlayWearTalkRed
And Katie from PennieK
Any questions about my August trip, or anything you’d like me to blog about when I’m home please let me know in the comments!